Daisy Chain Air Seeder Blockage System
Two-Way Communication Provides Improved Performance for Air Seeder Monitoring
Detecting air seeder blockages just became a lot easier with the DICKEY-john Daisy Chain Air Seeder Blockage System (DCBS). This system monitors seed and fertilizer flow on small and large air seeder implements and alerts of blocked or faulty sensors.
The Daisy Chain Blockage System architecture consists of a blockage module and daisy chain (serial communication) blockage sensors. Each module and sensor displays on the virtual terminal indicating critical system parameters for the selected loop.
Advanced diagnostics is a value-added feature to assist in quick identification of system issues relating to sensor, communication, and power issues of the Daisy Chain Blockage System. Alarm screens alert of system issues and exact problem location. The system's two-way communication allows for continued operation with pinched wires or breaks in communication lines to minimize downtime in the field.
- Ability to manage up to 4 modules per system
- Each module can monitor up to 108 blockage sensors, split between 2 loops of 54 sensors each
- Bi-directional communication with sensors on each loop
- Designed from the original DICKEY-john Vigilense sensor for proven reliability and performance
- Daisy chain connections provide a clean installation and eliminate complicated harnessing
- 32-mm stainless steel tube extends through the sensor for improved connection to hoses
- Provides blockage monitoring for a maximum of 432 distribution tower runs (4 blockage modules with up to 2 loops of 54 blockage sensors per module)
- Eliminates complex harnessing and offers easy installation with interconnected, daisy-chained wired sensors
- Allows for system expansion with the ability to add additional blockage sensors to existing systems
- Two loops per module allows for the ideal set-up of one loop for fertilizer flow detection and the second loop for seed flow detection
- Flow sensitivity (flow per second) is adjustable by loop for optimum detection of a partial blockage of either material
- Unique bi-directional communication with the blockage sensors installed on the tower
- Easy-to-locate diagnostics of cut wire, faulty connection or failed sensor
- Continuous system performance monitoring, even with a one-line communication failure
ISO 11783 Compatible
- Designed for use with ISO11783 standard in Agriculture Electronics
- Blockage module installs on the ISO CAN BUS for air seeder blockage system only without the need for a Master Air Cart Control ECU.